Finished E-L-M Pillows.  If you look closely you’ll be able to make out why this was my E-L-M project.

Our first house was on Elm street and we had three children while living there. Coincidence is that the order of their birth and the first initials of their names spell out E-L-M. And no we don’t watch horror films so Freddy never bothered us. These pillows were started quite some time ago and now that we haved moved from this house they mean even more. This is them waiting for their backing and some additional embellishments before being finished.


With the time change looming and unseasonably warm weather here in the Northeast I had to display the little nest and egg found last summer that was just waiting for the right display box.

Thanks to the Graphics Fairy I found the best spring vintage bird graphic to make the nest feel right at home and added a light blue wood grain paper in the background.

This was a project cut out about a year ago and had to wait till we moved to be found and finished.  I loved the moleskin print of a soft floral chamois like appearance and added the ruched sleeves to keep it more on point with today’s trends. It’s beginning came from New Look 6598. The ruched sleeve is done with a sewn in casing on the inside and then elastic stretched and while sewn in. This give a uniform gathering along the casing and is still comfortable if you tend to push your sleeves up to your elbows while working.

One of my resolutions for the new year was to get my craft on! The nice thing is that Stampington has a Pinterest board where you can join and highlight the results. 

My inspiration was vintage spring easter postcards that are overflowing with spring flowers, ribbons and color. I was finally able to use the felted blue birds that I worked some years ago and created the surrounding flowers with recycled fabric and a bunch of wool felt that Santa left for me under the tree. The biggest ah-ha moment was when I figured out I could manipulate the sash on the wreath with a few drops of hot melt glue to make it just like I had envisioned. It’s such a feeling when what I imagine can come to life.  Stay tuned for tutorial on how you can make the forget-me-knots coming soon. 


This year’s gingerbread house was almost condemned before it even made the table. I had to reset the sides and use almost can in the cupboard as structural support while the icing dried. Next year a new pattern that doesn’t have such a steep pitched roof.

Hi there,

Just wanted to share a recent short craft project. Took a $1.00 Target Christmas Felt bucket and embroidered over it and added the pine twigs with a modified feather stitch. Used a blanket stitch for the outline of the bird and his side feather. Now it makes it worthy to keep!

via Instagram

view full image